Our Case Managers will...
- Make full assessments of client function and needs.
- Plan goals of intervention and review them regularly.
- Conduct risk assessments and complete a service user plan.
- Set up packages of therapy and care.
- Assist in the recruitment of care staff/support workers.
- Train and supervise care staff/support workers.
- Provide estimates of work and costs to solicitors/clients/Deputies.
- Liaise with the Court of Protection, OPG and solicitors/Deputies.
- Liaise with other agencies and refer as appropriate.
- Attend Court as a Witness of Fact if required.
- Offer support to family and clients.
- Act as an advocate for clients.
- Produce accurate and detailed records of intervention.
- Produce formal reports if required.
- Attend training courses.
- Assist with the development of the service.
- Identify training needs of care/support workers and seek ways to meet these.
- Carry out any other duties as required.
In addition our Occupational Therapists will...
- Advise on housing needs.
- Advise on adaptations.
- Advise on equipment and arrange demonstrations.
- Advise on mobility problems.
- Offer occupational therapy intervention and treatment.
- Case Management
- Immediate Needs Assessments
- Rehabilitation Solutions
- Occupational Therapy For Adults
- Occupational Therapy For Children
- Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
- Moving and Handling
- Posture and Seating
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Recruitment and Employment Services
“The support offered by the Case Manager, has been invaluable. ILS treats its clients as human beings and not just a customer number..... ILS put the needs of our son first... While I would never wish for anyone to be in our situation, I would have no hesitation in recommending the services of ILS ”
Mother of client