Cerebral Palsy - a six year success story
When we first encountered the client, she was a two-year-old who had suffered a birth injury. Her home – a 4-storey house in Central London – had no facilities for someone with a disability. Agency care was inadequate. Her parents were separated and her mother struggled to combine a part-time job with caring for the little girl.
What we did:
- Found and adapted a suitable home, working with both the architect and the family.
- Assessed and recommended such essentials as: bath; bed; hoists; wheelchair; seating; toys.
- Carried out risk assessments.
- Recruited, vetted and trained a 24-hour care team.
- Recruited Physio, Speech and Language therapists.
- Provided ‘hands on’ Paediatric Occupational Therapy for play, co-ordination and communication.
- Worked with school staff.
- Six years later, the child is showing great potential.
- There is a stable care team in place.
- The parents – long since reunited – have provided her with a brother and sister.
Meet the Team
Founded in 1992, ILS now provides nationwide and overseas coverage.
“Our Case Manager is an essential link between not only our solicitor but also the many other professionals involved in the care of our child, i.e. health/education. She has accompanied me on many stressful and emotional meetings and has acted as an advocate and been a huge support throughout this process”
Mother of young client with severe cerebral palsy