Catherine Williams -
Catherine has worked as a Case Manager for Independent Living Solutions since 2004 having qualified as an Occupational Therapist in 1989.
Catherine has a wide range of experience working with children, young people and their families. She has skills in working with a variety of conditions and complex needs including cerebral palsy and acquired brain injury. As a Case Manager, Catherine is skilled in implementing effective therapy and care support packages to meet complex needs; helping families to identify the goals and outcomes that work best for them.
Catherine also works as a treating Occupational Therapist for children and young people with cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, developmental coordination disorder (dyspraxia) and autism.
Catherine is an Advanced BABICM registered practitioner and is Chair of the BABICM Children and Young People subgroup.
- Case management of children and young people with complex needs, including those with an acquired brain injury.
- Occupational Therapy treatment using specialist approaches, including Bobath, Sensory integration.
- Providing assessment and equipment prescription including special seating.
- Writing clear concise comprehensive needs assessments.
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary team members and coordinating effective rehabilitation.
- Care Staff recruitment, supervision, appraisal and training.
- Recruitment and mentoring Occupational Therapy team.
- Service development and commissioning of services.
- Training for therapy and legal professionals.
- Catherine brings a dynamic approach to engaging with families and clients; she encourages a client-centred view for all those involved, advocating for choice and their personal goals to be at the centre of decision making.
- Catherine establishes good communication and aims to ensure the team around the client work for the client’s best interest in achieving meaningful goals to enhance their independence and quality of life.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Registered with the British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Advanced member of the British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM)
- Member of the Case Management Society of the United Kingdom (CMSUK)
- British Association of Bobath Trained Therapists
- COTSS – Children, Young People and Families
- COTSS - Independent Practice
- The National Handwriting Association
- Sensory Integration Network UK
- 2006 Post-Graduate Certificate in Special Educational Needs (Dyspraxia)
- 2008 Post Graduate Certificate in Autism (Children)
- Regular attendance of courses pertaining to areas of clinical and Case Management practice.
Areas of Work
- Case Management with children, young people and their families.
- Occupational Therapy with children with Cerebral Palsy, Acquired Brain Injury and Developmental Disorders.
Geographical Areas Covered
Wiltshire and 50 mile radius.
2004 – Present Case Manager / Occupational Therapist with Independent Living Solutions.
2004 – Present Occupational Therapist in private practice.
1998 - 2004 Senior OT in Paediatrics in Swindon with pre-school and primary aged children. Specialist role in Alternative and Augmentative Communication.
1995 – 1998 Family Career Break.
1992 – 1995 Senior OT in Paediatrics in Coventry and Leicester. Caseload predominantly children with cerebral palsy from pre-school to teenagers in mainstream and special school settings.
1989 -1992 Early professional experience in Liverpool including adult mental Health, acute and community neurology.
Catherine is committed to maintaining her skills and abilities and engages readily in a varied training supported by Independent Living Solutions covering the following areas:
- Recruitment and Employment
- Moving and Handling
- Litigation Training
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Managing the complexities of running a care team
- Management of Risk