Dawn Frith - BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
Dawn specialized in Paediatrics in 2009 and has comprehensive experience working with children with a range of conditions including cerebral palsy, developmental coordination disorder and acquired brain injury.
Highlighted Areas of Experience/Specialism
- Dawn qualified in 2009 with a first class honours degree in Occupational Therapy from St. Martins College, Lancaster.
- Dawn has work in a variety of settings including special school's for children with complex needs, child development centres, the child's home and in main stream schools and nurseries.
- Dawn also has comprehensive experience working with children with a range of conditions including cerebral palsy, developmental coordination disorder and acquired brain injury.
- Dawn also has up to date skills in prescribing equipment such as specialist seating for home and school, bathing, toileting and moving and handling equipment.
- Dawn is able to use both standardised and non standardised assessments to identify the child's functional difficulties. Dawn enjoys working with the child to set specific goals to help them improve their ability to perform functional tasks. Dawn is passionate about paediatrics and thoroughly enjoys working with children and their families to help the child to engage in activities of daily living as independently as possible.
- Dawn has an understanding and caring approach with the child and their family and continuously works towards delivering child and family centred care.
- Dawn has also worked within an adaptations role being able to recommend and oversee both minor and major adaptations to the child’s home.
- Dawn also actively participates in Continuing Professional Development activities and has built up a comprehensive portfolio of evidence to support this.
2009 BSc Honours Degree in Occupational Therapy (first class)
2004 Open College Psychological Perspectives
2003 Advanced Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
BAOT (British Association of Occupational Therapists)
HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)
Children, Young People and Families Specialist Section
Independent Practice Specialist Section
Career to Date
Independent Paediatric Occupational Therapist. Dawn provides detailed Occupational Therapy assessment reports and intervention programmes for children with neurological and developmental conditions.
Paediatric Occupational Therapist, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, St Annes Primary Care Centre, St Annes. Dawn works with children with physical difficulties across both the early years and school age service.
Paediatric Occupational Therapist, North Lancashire Primary Care Trust, Longlands Child Development Centre, Lancaster. Dawn works with children with complex physical difficulties both in a special school and home setting.
Technical Instructor, Wyre Primary Care Trust, Wesham Rehabilitation Unit, Kirkham. Dawn works with elderly patients with a range of medical conditions in both a hospital and community rehabilitation setting.