Di Swallow -
Diane is an extremely experienced Moving and Handling Advisor, with extensive experience of working within a large NHS organisation, in hospitals and the community.
Highlighted Areas of Experience/Specialism
- Assessment and evaluation of complex tasks relating to moving and handling of people.
- Development and delivery of moving and handling training to families, carers, support staff and other professionals.
- Development and review of moving and handling care plans.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of moving and handling equipment.
- Extensive experience of liaising with parents, families, support workers and other professionals.
- Problem solving and solution finding for complex moving and handling situations.
- Very experienced in working with adults and children with complex physical, sensory and behaviour considerations.
- Experience of working within people’s own homes, schools, place of work, hospitals and respite settings.
Based in Cornwall, Diane is available to work across the South West and can offer flexible hours to suit the needs of the client and their support team.
- Master’s degree in Back Care Management; Loughborough University 2011
- Certificate in Education 2007
- Registered member of the National Back Exchange
- Chair of Local Back Exchange Special Interest Group
Career to Date
ILS Rehabilitation Solutions, Moving and Handling Advisor
Moving and Handling Advisor, Cornwall Foundation Trust (CFT)
Lead Moving and Handling advisor, with the responsibility of development and delivery of training programmes, audit and review of moving and handling of people plans.
Prior to this Diane held many senior roles within the community, supporting staff with professional development and improving working lives. She has over 25 years’ experience of working within the field of community care and support.