Kate Burrell - RGN, BSc (Hons) Nursing Practice
Kate has worked in both acute and community settings, including orthopaedics, critical care, and as the clinical coordinator of complex care packages for children and adults requiring long term ventilation as a result of spinal and/or traumatic brain injury. Kate also works as a brain injury case manager.
Highlighted areas of experience/specialism
- Extensive experience of setting up and continued management of complex ventilator dependent care packages in the community for both adults and children. Management of children and adults with complex health care needs.
- Training for support staff on many aspects of care including respirator management, ventilation, tracheostomies, oxygen therapy, artificial feeding and administration of medication.
- Buccal Midazolam training for clients with epilepsy, their families and support workers.
- Recruitment and ongoing management of care teams.
- Rehabilitation of clients with acquired brain injuries.
Diploma in Adult Nursing 1994
BSc (Hons) Nursing Practice 1998
Specialist Practitioner Award 1998
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Member of the British Association of Brain Injury Case Managers (BABICM) at Registered Practitioner level.
- Member of the Royal College of Nursing.
- Regular attendance of courses pertaining to areas of clinical and case management practice.
Geographical Areas Covered
Within 2 hours of her base in Suffolk.
Career to Date
Nursing Service Coordinator, Nurse Advisory Service and Case Manager with ILS.
Case Manager - providing case management support to adults, children and their families, recruiting and managing care teams, taking a specialist interest in nursing issues.
Nursing Coordinator - managing support packages for ventilator dependent adults and children in the community.
Early career spent in NHS roles in Critical Care and Orthopaedics.