Paediatric occupational therapists can provide a full range of treatment and services for children and young people with neurological disabilities. They are skilled in working in liaison with parents, carers, school, colleges and other therapists.
OT treatment programmes
Following an in-depth assessment, a detailed report and recommendations for treatment we can offer therapy programmes for children who experience difficulty with:
- Movement control and/or coordination.
- Sensory processing for self-regulation and behaviour.
- Activities of daily living, e.g. feeding, toileting, dressing.
- Fine motor and hand skills.
- Accessing learning tasks at school and home.
- Developing leisure pursuits, play skills and participating in family activities.
- Developing confidence with community skills.
- Concentration and attention.
- Assessing for user-friendly equipment for support and to help make life easier.
We use a range of standardised assessments and offer treatment approaches including Neurodevelopmental approach and Sensory Integration.
We understand the importance of setting goals that are meaningful for our young clients and families. Therapy programmes will be focused on activities that the child and family enjoy.
We use an innovative approach to monitoring programmes and outcomes to encourage, motivate and build on each successful step in the process
Our therapists are highly skilled in:
- Assessing requirements for equipment to maximise independence, leisure and learning opportunities.
- Contributing to education, health and care plans and transition planning.
- Facilitating clients to access a wide range of leisure activities.
- Ensuring therapy is fun and motivating.
If you wish to discuss your client’s occupational therapy requirements please call our coordinator on 01722 742442 who will be happy to assist and provide a quote.
Alternatively you can download our brochure below for more information about ILS Rehabilitation Solutions and the other services we can offer.ILS Rehabilitation Solutions Brochure
Or visit our Neurological Occupational Therapy service page for adult clients.