Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
Brain injury can cause devastating physical, cognitive and emotional difficulties for the client. He/she may have problems with motor function, balance, sensation, vision, fatigue, concentration and memory as well as some of the more subtle difficulties such as problems with motivation, making decisions, planning and organisation, understanding and processing complex information and dealing with more than one thing at a time. It is often difficult to monitor and control behaviour and the client may become impulsive or have outbursts of anger. The client may have little or no awareness of these problems.
These difficulties will have an impact on how the client is able to carry out his/her day to day life, for example: going to bed and getting up at the appropriate time, remembering and being ready for appointments, attending to personal care, doing the housework, shopping, managing money, carrying out their chosen leisure pursuits and being able to work.
The need for rehabilitation services are often identified by Case Managers who are providing brain injury case management.
To assist clients to achieve their maximum level of independence in order to return to everyday activities that are of importance to them at home, at work or in leisure time.
The Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service is a team of specialist brain injury Occupational Therapists and Clinical Psychologists. We will work with the client and his/her family to enable them to function at their optimum level of independence in all aspects of their life.
We can offer:
- An in depth assessment of the client and their situation and provide a detailed report and recommendations for treatment.
- A goal focused and integrated treatment plan based on the individual’s unique lifestyle, environment and preferences.
- A graded programme of treatment to enable the client to function at his maximum level of independence in all his activities of daily living
- Support for the client to identify and carry out fulfilling leisure activities.
- A graded programme of treatment to enable the client to explore his or her potential for returning to work, whether that be paid employment or voluntary work.
- Strategies to manage cognitive and behavioural problems.
- Training of support workers and family members.
- Assessment for and provision of specialist equipment.
- Liaison with community services and other agencies.
- Regular reviews and progress reports.
These services can be provided alongside brain injury case management or as a standalone service.
- Case Management
- Immediate Needs Assessments
- Rehabilitation Solutions
- Occupational Therapy For Adults
- Occupational Therapy For Children
- Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
- Moving and Handling
- Posture and Seating
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Recruitment and Employment Services
“The last 2 years of my dealings with ILS has been wonderful. The dedication and knowledge that the Case Manager has brought to us as support workers has been unbelievable. She has always been very professional…. my praise couldn't be any higher.”