Moving and Handling
To find moving and handling solutions for our clients at home, at work, in school, on holiday and for all leisure activities. We believe that there is always a solution. Our aim is to find it and make it happen.
We are all healthcare professionals with post graduate qualifications in moving and handling. We work with our clients, their families, their Case Managers, carers and other professionals to provide good moving and handling solutions for all aspect of life.
Children and adults who need assistance to maximise their care, leisure or learning opportunities. Our aim is to facilitate practical solutions for their moving and handling requirements. We have particular expertise in providing solutions for clients with complex needs.
We provide a nationwide service and can offer expertise in:
- Assessment of current and long term needs, particularly in the home environment.
- Bespoke training for carers, parents and professionals.
- Practical advice and information on moving and handling equipment.
- Advice on equipment which interacts with moving and handling tasks.
- Sling assessments.
- Risk assessments.
- Advice during the planning of adaptations including on the layout of rooms and the positioning of equipment to maximise client’s potential.
The key to our success is listening to the wishes of our clients and working with them to achieve this within the health and safety framework.
We all need to move; to live life, to love life and to have fun.
- Case Management
- Immediate Needs Assessments
- Rehabilitation Solutions
- Occupational Therapy For Adults
- Occupational Therapy For Children
- Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
- Moving and Handling
- Posture and Seating
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Recruitment and Employment Services
“I have been using the services of ILS for a number of years whilst employing a carer for my sister who has severe physical and mental health disabilities. Their help with recruitment and their sympathetic management has resulted in a smooth running operation, which is indispensable’”