Posture and Seating
We believe in finding solutions to provide comfort, improve function and prevent secondary complications which result from poor posture.
Our experienced therapists have adopted a holistic 24-hour posture management approach, ‘with the aim of optimizing the physical wellbeing of a person with severe and complex disability’ (Pope 2007). Pope, P.M. 2007 Severe and Complex Neurological Disabilities: Management of the Physical Condition. London: Butterworth-Heinmann.
We are qualified Occupational and Physiotherapists trained in posture management and seating. Our therapists are able to undertake in-depth postural assessments. We work with carefully selected engineers and seating companies to provide clients with suitable equipment to meet their posture and lifestyle needs. Our team are able to offer a high level of support throughout every stage of this process.
ILS’ specialised Posture and Seating Team provides a service to individuals of all age groups with posture management and seating needs.
Our client groups include people who have acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, multiple orthopaedic injuries and complex disabilities.
- In-depth assessment, detailed report and recommendations.
- 24 hour posture management programme, inclusive of the individual’s lifestyle choices and postural needs.
- Support in acquiring appropriate seating and posture management equipment.
- Exploring practical solutions for client, their families and carers.
- Joint working with selected engineers and seating companies.
- Follow up and review of provision.
- Training for family, carers, school, workplace etc.
- A large geographical area covered in the UK.
We pride ourselves in taking into account an individual’s lifestyle choices and postural needs to enable each individual to maximise their function and potential.
- Case Management
- Immediate Needs Assessments
- Rehabilitation Solutions
- Occupational Therapy For Adults
- Occupational Therapy For Children
- Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
- Moving and Handling
- Posture and Seating
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Recruitment and Employment Services
“I have been using the services of ILS for a number of years whilst employing a carer for my sister who has severe physical and mental health disabilities. Their help with recruitment and their sympathetic management has resulted in a smooth running operation, which is indispensable’”