Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injury can occur as the result of an accident, illness or injury and presents as complete or partial motor and/or sensory loss. It can have a traumatic and devastating impact on the life of the individual and their families.
At ILS we have Case Managers and Occupational Therapists with specialist knowledge and experience in working with people with spinal cord injury. We can provide intervention to an individual with any level of SCI from very high level ventilator dependent clients with complex care needs through to an individual who can walk but has some restrictions in their level of functional independence.
A spinal cord injury Case Manager and Occupational Therapist will have an in depth understanding of the particular issues that a person with a spinal cord injury may experience.
We can offer:
- In-depth assessment of a clients needs and detailed report
- Case Management
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Seating and posture assessments (including wheelchairs and skin care)
- Upper limb assessment and treatment (including splinting, if appropriate)
- Assistance with activities of daily living e.g. personal care, domestic tasks, community skills
- Advice and support with finding and adapting a home
- Information and support with return to driving and transport issues
- Facilitating involvement in social and leisure pursuits (including holidays)
- Information, advice and support with equipment needs
- Training for carers and/or family members, as appropriate
- Information on specialist rehab facilities and support networks.
We work with a range of professionals to provide a high level of focus and practical ideas to help the client, their families and carers to manage the difficult aspects of daily living.
- Case Management
- Immediate Needs Assessments
- Rehabilitation Solutions
- Occupational Therapy For Adults
- Occupational Therapy For Children
- Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
- Moving and Handling
- Posture and Seating
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Recruitment and Employment Services
“My experience so far of using ILS has been fantastic, and has made a great improvement in my rehab. They have been very pro-active in setting up appointments and making sure all the therapists are communicating with each other, which makes sure the therapy has the right focus.”
Daniel Baker (39 yrs old)