Care Quality Commission
Since 2004 our services have been regulated by the Care Quality Commission (previously the Commission for Social Care Inspectorate or CSCI) and are now monitored against the Health & Social Care Act 2008.
The CQC Inspectors have received very positive feedback about the services provided by ILS. Clients interviewed by the Inspectors, considered ILS to be very professional. They noted that ILS has a well trained and competent workforce and that there are good supervision and support systems in place, which have resulted in skilled case managers and care workers who are able to meet the individual needs of the people who use the service.
Following our reviews, comments include:
- "ILS provided “support with whatever we threw at them” (July 2008)
- "ILS was "open to new ideas" and "has a friendly, personal feel about it" (July 2008).
- "ILS is good at “communication” was “supportive” and had "strong admin support" (July 2008)
- "Thank you for a brilliant service" (July 2009)
- "My privacy and dignity is always respected by the carers" (July 2009)
- "Our case manager is so dedicated to our relative, they trust them and so do the family" (February 2012)
- "ILS seem to have all of my family’s needs covered, I can concentrate on being there for my relative" (February 2012)
- "I think the staff are excellent, in fact the company is excellent" (February 2012)
Our clients have an extremely wide variety of individual care needs. Of central importance to all of us at ILS is that these are met:
- Safely and effectively
- Holistically - taking into account all factors affecting the life of each individual
- From a personal centered prospective, ensuring that our clients wishes are taken into account when care planning
ILS works closely with the CQC to implement effective procedures; to maintain and continually improve the standard of personal care provided to our clients and to develop protocols and procedures regarding personal care. These protocols are being integrated throughout our working practices.
In July 2008, CSCI judged ILS as “still providing an excellent service”.
In July 2009, the CQC inspector awarded ILS a ‘Three Star Excellent’ status.
In February 2012 the CQC inspection found that ILS met all of the essential standards set.
A copy of our current CQC report can be found here
Meet the Team
Founded in 1992, ILS now provides nationwide and overseas coverage.
“The last 2 years of my dealings with ILS has been wonderful. The dedication and knowledge that the Case Manager has brought to us as support workers has been unbelievable. She has always been very professional…. my praise couldn't be any higher.”