The Spinal Injuries Association
The Spinal Injuries Association (SIA) is the leading national charity for spinal cord injured people. A user led organisation; elected Trustees are all spinal cord injured and are voted for by the spinal cord injured membership.
The SIA’s aims are to:
- Offer support and assistance from the time of injury and for the rest of a paralysed person's life
- Provide services to increase an individual's quality of life
- Support the families of newly injured people
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the causes and consequences of spinal cord injury
- Campaign for the best medical and social care for spinal cord injured people
ILS are keen supporters of The Spinal Injuries Association and are currently a Gold Corporate Partner.
“The last 2 years of my dealings with ILS has been wonderful. The dedication and knowledge that the Case Manager has brought to us as support workers has been unbelievable. She has always been very professional…. my praise couldn't be any higher.”