To work with this professional, please contact ILS on 01722 742 442.
Speech and Language Therapist
For the past 6 years I have worked with ILS and specialised in the medico-legal field. My background in neurology and complex needs brings an additional set of specialist skills to my case management work.
Most of my clients have had an acquired brain injury or cerebral palsy, but I have also worked with several long-term clients with additional complex needs such as epilepsy, mental health needs and progressive neurological conditions.
I am energetic and innovative in my approach and very experienced in supporting children and adult clients and their families particularly in the areas of education, leisure and vocational activities and am familiar and confident in dealing with issues which come up post-litigation.
2013 to Present - Advanced Speech and Language Therapist, Independent Practice
• Extensive experience working alongside case managers and other rehabilitation therapists in the medico-legal field, and developing her knowledge of the litigation process.
• Providing specialist communication and dysphagia assessments and intervention for teenagers and adults with a range of neurological conditions.
• Worked with adults with dual diagnosis mental health and autistic spectrum conditions for the Priory Group, adults with acquired neurological conditions at Titleworth Neuro, and has been recruited by Case Management companies across the South East to work with adults with an acquired brain injury. Also works with young adults and teenagers with learning disabilities or on the autistic spectrum at local colleges, through contracts with West Sussex County Council and Brighton and Hove City Council.
Jan to Sep 2017 - Advanced Speech and Language Therapist, QAHH Rehabilitation Unit, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (Maternity cover).
Providing specialist communication and dysphagia assessments, intervention and rehabilitation for adults with a range of neurological conditions, including TBI, CVA, MS and Parkinson Disease.
Jan to Nov 2013 & Sep 2016 to Oct 2017 Speech and Language Therapy Service Coordinator
ILS Rehabilitation Solutions (Maternity Cover)
• Main point of contact for the ILS SALT service, coordinating referrals, preparing quotes and allocating clients with specialist rehabilitation needs within the medico-legal field.
• Managing a team of speech and language therapists working remotely across England and Wales
• Providing clinical leadership for the SALT service
• Undertaking interviews, selection and induction of therapists as required
Clare is committed to maintaining her skills and abilities and engages readily in varied training supported by Independent Living Solutions Ltd covering the following areas: