Helen Qualified as an Occupational Therapist after studying at Lancaster University, gaining a Graduate Diploma.
She joined ILS with 4 years case management experience. Helen’s clinical and managerial experience and skills has been built up working with children and adults with high level, complex cognitive and psychosocial challenges.
- 11 years case management experience of adults young adults and children with an acquired brain injury
- 12 years Occupational Therapy experience
- Writing clear concise comprehensive needs assessments using functional and cognitive assessment skills
- Developing rehabilitation plans to action identified recommendations
- Assessing for and sourcing assistive equipment
- Brokering solutions to address vocational rehabilitation need
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary team members coordinating the rehabilitation pathway
- Developing good working relationships with care agencies to ensure care provided is excellent
- Experience of recruiting directly employed support staff and buddies
- Supporting support staff to understand their roles and engage effectively with clients
Helen works in an effective person centered manner to provide solutions manage the needs of her clients. Demonstrating empathy and a professional approach Helen is able to develop good working relationship with her clients, their family and the wider support team, enabling effective intervention and achieving agreed goals.
Professional Qualifications and Affiliations
- Member of British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- Member of Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Advanced Registered Practitioner, British Association of Brain Injury and Complex Case Management (BABICM)
- Member of Case Management Society United Kingdom (CMSUK)
Areas of Knowledge and Interest
- Professional Mentorship with Case Managers, as well as Occupational Therapy and Case Management with adults and young adults with varying conditions and complex needs.
Geographical Areas Covered
Worcestershire, Shropshire, Hereford, West Midlands, Warwickshire, Staffordshire.
Previous Clinical Experience
2010 – 2014 Brain Injury Case Manager for adults with Anglia Case Management.
2009 Neuro Occupational Therapist with Huntercombe, Central Scotland Brian Injury Rehabilitation Centre. Bespoke assessments and therapy programs through the rehabilitation program from initial assessments through to discharge.
2007 – 2009 Support worker and assistant at Tier 4 children’s and young adult’s assessment center, student Occupational therapist.
Helen is committed to maintaining her skills and abilities and engages readily in a varied training supported by Independent Living Solutions covering the following areas:
- Recruitment and Employment
- Moving and Handling
- Litigation Training
- Emergency First aid at work
- Managing the complexities of running a care team
- Safeguarding - Training Sessions: Safeguarding Adults 20/02/2021, Safeguarding Children 20/02/2021
- Management of Risk