What is a Case Manager
A Case Manager is a professional who coordinates a comprehensive package of care and rehabilitation for a person who has a significant disability.
A Case Manager may come from a variety of different clinical backgrounds, such as Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Physiotherapy etc.
Case Managers are regulated through registration by their own professional bodies such as the Health Professions Council (HPC).
What does a Case Manager do?
- The Case Manager will complete a comprehensive assessment of the client’s needs with the client and their family /representatives as appropriate. They will then produce a written report, goals and management plans including risk assessments in order to assist the client to progress with their care and rehabilitation.
- The Case Manager helps the client to regain and maintain an acceptable quality of life. They will consider every aspect of physical, intellectual and emotional wellbeing. They will act as an advocate for the client if required.
- Case Managers have the flexibility and resourcefulness to solve problems as they crop up... and the experience to forestall most problems before they occur.
- The Case Manager represents the client, supports their carers/family and acts as their advocate.
- The Case Manager recruits, co-ordinates and manages the entire care team, training and supervising staff as required.
- The Case Manager ensures that the client has the necessary input from relevant medical practitioners, therapists and other professionals e.g. Architects, financial advisors etc, as appropriate.
- If necessary, they attend court as Witnesses of Fact.
- If necessary, they liaise with the Court of Protection, the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) and Deputies.
We are true facilitators – which can mean anything from overcoming an educational or employment obstacle, to finding and converting a suitable home.
And, above all, we move fast. If you approach us today, you’ll have our report within 2 weeks of our initial assessment visit. We’ll start work as soon as its contents are agreed.
- Case Management
- Immediate Needs Assessments
- Rehabilitation Solutions
- Occupational Therapy For Adults
- Occupational Therapy For Children
- Adult Brain Injury Rehabilitation Services
- Moving and Handling
- Posture and Seating
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Recruitment and Employment Services
“I have been using the services of ILS for a number of years whilst employing a carer for my sister who has severe physical and mental health disabilities. Their help with recruitment and their sympathetic management has resulted in a smooth running operation, which is indispensable’”